Do you want a nice cool refreshing desert that is sure to please?Than you should give this watermelon cake a try. Everyone that I’ve served this cake to, has said they loved it.
I linked up with
for meatless Monday.
Be sure to check out the other wonderful recipes.
You will need.
One seedless watermelon
Some heavy whipping cream or cool whip
One can of whipped cream optional
Berries of your choice
Sliced almonds optional
- Put your cake plate into the refrigerator, so it will be cold. This will help the whipped cream not to melt to quickly.
- Cut the ends off your watermelon, so it will be flat on both ends.
- Now cut off the rinds, don’t worry if it’s not perfect the whipped cream will help cover slight imperfections. Please use a longer knife than I used this time. When I made this before I used a longer knife and it looked much better.
- Now make sure you have it flat so it won’t look lopsided.
Let it set for a few minutes so the some of the watermelon juicy will drain.
- Whip your whipped cream or just get your whipped topping out.
- Take a paper towel and dry your watermelon and place it on your cooled cake plate.
- Now frost the watermelon with the whipped cream completely, just like you would a cake.
- Arrange your berries on top and put the almonds on the sides.
- To finish it use the can of whipped cream and go around the top of the cake and the bottom.
- Quickly place it into the refrigerator until time to serve.
- Use a sharpe knife to cut your watermelon cake and serve, it’s sure to be loved, enjoy!
1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.